15 Flowers – An Irish Musical Daisy-Chain (#738)
In this extended musical edition of the Letter from Ireland podcast, we share 15 songs performed by 15 Irish artists. Each song has a connection with the song that went before it - and the one that goes after it. Hence the title!
In this extended musical edition of the Letter from Ireland podcast, we share 15 songs performed by 15 Irish artists. Each song has a connection with the song that went before it – and the one that goes after it. Hence the title! We feature artists you may already be familiar with – Van Morrison, Mary Black, Lisa Hannigan – as well as many more you may be hearing for the first time. Lots of chat between the songs from Mike. We hope you enjoy!
You can listen to the show on your computer/smartphone by clicking on the play button above (the triangle with the circle around it). You can also download the show onto your computer by clicking on the download symbol. Enjoy!
The Letter from Ireland Show is a weekly podcast that goes out each Thursday from our cottage in County Cork. Tune in to this episode – and dive straight in to a bit of Irish caint, ceóil agus craic (conversation, music and craic!).
Music Featured in this Show:
The following music was played in this show:
- “The Blowers Daughter” performed by Damien Rice.
- “Lagan Love” performed by Lisa Hannigan.
- “Coney Island” performed by Van Morrison.
- “Carrickfergus” performed by Brian Kennedy.
- “Outnumbered” performed by Dermot Kennedy.
- “Kevin Barry” performed by Damien Dempsey and Seamus Begley.
- “The Fox Chase” performed by Liam O’Flynn.
- “My Heart’s Tonight in Ireland” performed by Andy Irving.
- “Arthur McBride and The Sergeant” performed by Paul Brady.
- “Ae Fond Kiss” performed by Karen Matheson and Paul Brady.
- “Aragon Mill” performed by Dolores Keane.
- “Maggie” performed by Dé Danaan.
- “No Frontiers” performed by Mary Black.
- “The Continental Céilí” performed by Christy Moore.
- “The Parting Glass” performed by The Voice Squad.
Not a member of The Green Room yet? You can see more about The Green Room here.
This Episode is Brought to You by:
The Green Room! The Green Room is run by Irish people, out of Ireland – and focused on people of Irish ancestry all over the world. We know Irish culture, history, the language – and many of the issues people have with understanding complex Irish Heritage and Ancestry. While genealogy record sites bring you part of the way – we’ll bring you all the way home! So, break down those Irish Ancestry Brick Walls when you join today – see all about the Green Room here.
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you choosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode. Do feel free to leave a comment or question in the section below. We’d love to hear from you!
Slán for now, Mike and Carina.