Come into This World of Celtic Music (#801)
In this episode we explore not just Irish music - but music from the extended Celtic family.
In this episode we explore not just the world of Irish music – but 10 tracks from the extended Celtic family. We use music featured on the TV programme – “The Transatlantic Sessions” – to bring you music and song from Ireland, Scotland, the USA and much more. With lots of chat between each song.
We hope you enjoy!
You can listen to the show on your computer/smartphone by clicking on the play button above (the triangle with the circle around it). You can also download the show onto your computer by clicking on the download symbol. Enjoy!
CELTIC MUSIC TRACKS FEATURED IN THIS EPISODE:
- “Magic Foot” – Performed by Sharon Shannon and the Transatlantic Sessions house band.
- “My heart’s tonight in Ireland – in the west County Clare” – Performed by Andy Irvine and the Transatlantic Sessions house band.
- “Aragon Mill” – Performed by Karen Matheson and the Transatlantic Sessions house band.
- “Leezie Lindsay” – Performed by Eddie Reader and the Transatlantic Sessions house band.
- “Let the mystery be” – Performed by Iris De Ment and the Transatlantic Sessions house band.
- “Forty Shades of Green” – Performed by Roseanne Cash, Paul Brady and the Transatlantic Sessions house band.
- “Letter in the mail” – Performed by Tim O’Brien and the Transatlantic Sessions house band.
- “Muireann’s jig” – Performed by Mike McGoldrick and the Transatlantic Sessions house band.
- “Road to Aberdeen” – Performed by Nancy Griffith.
- “Caledonia” – Performed by Dougie MacLean.
You can find out more about The Transatlantic Sessions here.
The Letter from Ireland Show is a weekly podcast that goes out each Thursday from our cottage in County Cork. Tune in to this episode – and dive straight in to a bit of Irish caint, ceóil agus craic (conversation, music and craic!).
Not a member of The Green Room yet? You can see more about The Green Room here.
“A Letter from Ireland: Volume 3” – is available from Amazon.com here OR Amazon.ca here OR Amazon.co.uk here OR Amazon.com.au here.
See All Current Available Episodes of the Letter from Ireland Show.
This Episode is Brought to You by:
The Green Room! The Green Room is run by Irish people, out of Ireland – and focused on people of Irish ancestry all over the world. We know Irish culture, history, the language – and many of the issues people have with understanding complex Irish Heritage and Ancestry. While genealogy record sites bring you part of the way – we’ll bring you all the way home! So, break down those Irish Ancestry Brick Walls when you join today – see all about the Green Room here.
Thank You For Listening To This Episode on Celtic Music
We really appreciate you choosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode. Do feel free to leave a comment or question in the section below. We’d love to hear from you!
Slán for now, Mike and Carina.
Only Plus Members can comment - Find Out More
If you already have an account - Sign in here