Ireland, Scotland & Robbie Burns – (#703)
We look at the overlap culturally between Ireland and Scotland. This is especially relevant as we approach the annual Robbie Burns night - what has effectively turned into Scotland's national day.
In this episode of the Letter from Ireland Podcast we look at the overlap culturally between Ireland and Scotland. This is especially relevant as we approach the annual Robbie Burns night – what has effectively turned into Scotland’s national day. Join us for plenty of chat, music, entertainment and a bit of education along the way!
You can listen to the show on your computer/smartphone by clicking on the play button above (the triangle with the circle around it). You can also download the show onto your computer by clicking on the download symbol. Enjoy!
The Letter from Ireland Show is a weekly podcast that goes out each Thursday from our cottage in County Cork. Tune in to this episode – and dive straight in to a bit of Irish caint, ceóil agus craic (conversation, music and craic!).
Related Articles and Links
- This episode features the following letters from Ireland:
- A Journey from Ireland to Scotland.
- Here is a common link between Irish and Scottish names.
And the following music:
- “Caledonia” – performed by Dougie McLean.
- “Ae Fond Kiss” – performed by Karen Matheson and Paul Brady.
- “Wild Mountain Thyme” – performed by Liam Clancy, The Clancy Brothers & Tommy Makem.
- Not a member of The Green Room yet? You can see more about The Green Room here.
- “A Letter from Ireland: Volume 3” – is available from Amazon.com here OR Amazon.ca here OR Amazon.co.uk here OR Amazon.com.au here.
- See All Current Available Episodes of the Letter from Ireland Show.
This Episode is Brought to You by:
The Green Room! The Green Room is run by Irish people, out of Ireland – and focused on people of Irish ancestry all over the world. We know Irish culture, history, the language – and many of the issues people have with understanding complex Irish Heritage and Ancestry. While genealogy record sites bring you part of the way – we’ll bring you all the way home! So, break down those Irish Ancestry Brick Walls when you join today – see all about the Green Room here.
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you choosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode. Do feel free to leave a comment or question in the section below. We’d love to hear from you!
Slán for now, Mike and Carina.
Only Plus Members can comment - Find Out More
If you already have an account - Sign in here