James Bond Meets Sherlock Holmes – An Irish Story (#709)
In this episode of the Letter from Ireland Podcast we take to the streets of the city of Edinburgh - the home to Seán Connery and Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of the immortal detective Sherlock Holmes.
Today we take to the streets of the city of Edinburgh in Scotland. Edinburgh was the home to Seán Connery, the actor who played James Bond for many years. We also examine another native of Edinburgh – Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of the immortal detective Sherlock Holmes. We chat about their Irish roots – and share lots of great music along the way.
You can listen to the show on your computer/smartphone by clicking on the play button above (the triangle with the circle around it). You can also download the show onto your computer by clicking on the download symbol. Enjoy!
The Letter from Ireland Show is a weekly podcast that goes out each Thursday from our cottage in County Cork. Tune in to this episode – and dive straight in to a bit of Irish caint, ceóil agus craic (conversation, music and craic!).
Related Articles and Links
- This episode features the following letters from Ireland:
- The Life and Times of Seán Connery.
- The Elementary Truth Behind Some Irish Surnames.
And the following music:
- “James Bond Theme” – performed by John Barry Orchestra.
- “The Flogging Reel, Burke’s Reel and Salamanca” – performed by Na Connerys.
- “Streets of Edinburgh” – performed by The Proclaimers.
- Not a member of The Green Room yet? You can see more about The Green Room here.
- “A Letter from Ireland: Volume 3” – is available from Amazon.com here OR Amazon.ca here OR Amazon.co.uk here OR Amazon.com.au here.
- See All Current Available Episodes of the Letter from Ireland Show.
This Episode is Brought to You by:
The Green Room! The Green Room is run by Irish people, out of Ireland – and focused on people of Irish ancestry all over the world. We know Irish culture, history, the language – and many of the issues people have with understanding complex Irish Heritage and Ancestry. While genealogy record sites bring you part of the way – we’ll bring you all the way home! So, break down those Irish Ancestry Brick Walls when you join today – see all about the Green Room here.
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you choosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode. Do feel free to leave a comment or question in the section below. We’d love to hear from you!
Slán for now, Mike and Carina.