Join Us On a Trip Around The Aran Islands – (#604)
Join Mike and Carina as we take around Inishmore - the largest of the Aran Islands which lies at the mouth of Galway Bay to the west of Ireland. It's a magical part of the world - and we travel around in the company of a very special tour guide.
You can listen to the show on your computer/smartphone by clicking on the play button above (the triangle with the circle around it). You can also download the show onto your computer by clicking on the download symbol. Enjoy!
Welcome to Season 6, Episode 4 of the Letter from Ireland Show.
Join Mike and Carina as we take around Inishmore – the largest of the Aran Islands which lies at the mouth of Galway Bay to the west of Ireland.
The Letter from Ireland Show is a weekly podcast that goes out each Thursday from our cottage in County Cork. Tune in to this episode – and dive straight in to a bit of Irish caint, ceóil agus craic (conversation, music and craic!).
Map and Stops Mentioned in This Episode:
Our Stops on The Aran Islands (see maps below):
- Furbo Beach – just outside Galway City.
- Dún Ducathair.
- An Poll bPéist.
- Liam Ó’Flaithearta’s house.
- Headstones near St. Ciarán’s church.
- St. Ciarán’s church and the salmon well.
Follow our journey in the 2 maps below:
Related Articles and Links
- Find out more about each of the Aran Islands here.
- Contact details for Cyril O’Flaherty can be found here.
- Not a member of The Green Room yet? You can see more about The Green Room here.
- The latest issue of the Letter from Ireland Magazine is available here.
- “A Letter from Ireland: Volume 3” – is available from Amazon.com here OR Amazon.ca here OR Amazon.co.uk here OR Amazon.com.au here.
- See All Current Available Episodes of the Letter from Ireland Show.
This Episode is Brought to You by:
The Green Room! The Green Room is run by Irish people, out of Ireland – and focused on people of Irish ancestry all over the world. We know Irish culture, history, the language – and many of the issues people have with understanding complex Irish Heritage and Ancestry. While genealogy record sites bring you part of the way – we’ll bring you all the way home! So, break down those Irish Ancestry Brick Walls when you join today – see all about the Green Room here.
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you choosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode. Do feel free to leave a comment or question in the section below. We’d love to hear from you!
Slán for now, Mike and Carina.