Meet 5 Irish Heroes – People Making a Difference in Heritage (#305)
In this episode of the Letter from Ireland Show we meet five different Irish Heroes of Culture and Heritage. These are five very different individuals who show visitors very different - and authentic - sides of Ireland.
You can listen to the latest show on Irish Heroes on your computer/smartphone by clicking on the play button above (the triangle with the circle around it). You can also download the show onto your computer by clicking on the download symbol. Enjoy!
Welcome to Season 3, Episode 5 of the Letter from Ireland Show. In this episode of the Letter from Ireland Show Carina introduces you to five very different Irish heroes of Culture and Heritage. She visits a man who restarted a Whiskey distillery that was in his family for hundreds of years, a woman who oversees the visitors to one of the best known books in the world, another man who discovered a hidden town on his property, an ex-political prisoner who brings people on political tours around his home town and finally a farmer who decided to refurbish the castle on his land. Five different stories that we think you will really enjoy!
The Letter from Ireland Show is a weekly podcast that goes out each Thursday from our cottage in County Cork. Tune in to this episode – and dive straight in to a bit of Irish caint, ceóil agus craic (conversation, music and craic!).
Related Articles and Links To All Our Irish Heroes
- Find out more about Seán Windsor and his Wilton Castle here.
- Find out more about the Teeling Whiskey Distillery, Dublin here.
- See more about Jerpoint Park and Joe O’Connell here.
- See more about the Book of Kells exhibition here at Trinity College Dublin.
- See Pádraic McCoitir talk to Carina about the Belfast peace walls here.
- “A Letter from Ireland: Volume 3” – is available from Amazon.com here OR Amazon.ca here OR Amazon.co.uk here OR Amazon.com.au here.
- Not a member of The Green Room yet? You can see more about The Green Room here.
- See All Current Available Episodes of the Letter from Ireland Show.
Thank You For Listening
We really appreciate you chosing to listen to us and for supporting the podcast. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
We would also be eternally grateful if you would consider taking a minute or two to leave an honest review and rating for the show in iTunes. They’re extremely helpful when it comes to reaching our audience and we read each and every one personally!
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure that you never miss an episode. Do feel free to leave a comment or question in the section below. We’d love to hear from you!
Slán for now, Mike and Carina.
Only Plus Members can comment - Find Out More
If you already have an account - Sign in here